Future Packaging – Technologien, Produkte, Visionen
Vi TECHNOLOGY is a worldwide global supplier for the design, manufacture, and support of a wide range of innovative Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) equipment and software solutions for a multitude of applications. These applications include PCB assembly, back-end semiconductor production, incoming inspection and process control.
Our goal is to create value for customers by developing technologies that follow the evolution of our shared market. Our R&D program focusses on enhancing existing products as well as offering technological breakthroughs to achieve a sustainable level of excellence. Customer market differentiation is a key issue for us; each of our clients is different and we must be able to enhance their competitive advantages.
With nearly 20 years' experience, our offer meets even the most demanding requirements in terms of accuracy, repeatability, speed, and quality. We are confirmed leaders in the AOI market and propose turnkey solutions to maximize Return-On-Investment and decrease cost-of-ownership in manufacturing plants. Our equipment is supported by world-class service with a 24-hour hotline ensuring fast response times. We also have a strong network of 200 fully trained agents and distributors in America, Asia-Pacific and Europe-Africa, to ensure any issues are reported immediately to our offices.
Our many customers include the Number 1 player in the automotive electronics market, the Number 1 contract electronics manufacturer, and the Number 1 player in the mobile phone industry.
Our mission is to serve our customers worldwide to reach our Total Customer Satisfaction goals.
Vi TECHNOLOGY has always followed an agile design strategy in its product platform to offer the best return on investment regardless of your AOI strategy. Our AOI systems can therefore be implemented in several different ways, either in-line or off-line:
- To inspect production batches Post-Reflow (or even post wave) off-line and guarantee the delivered quality of low-volume high-mix production or prototypes before electrical tests
- To inspect Post-Reflow in-line as most of the industry is doing today
- The new trend, no longer reserved for mass producers, is to use AOI Pre-Reflow to ensure the best possible feedback on the Pick&Place process, to detect process deviations and thus enable defect prevention.
- PCBA design or production defect spectrum is also leading towards Post-Print use to detect shifts in print parameters and trigger stencil cleaning. Increasing component miniaturization (down to 01005) is pushing for 3D solder paste inspection, since volume deposit has become critical.
- Advanced strategies, such as Mixed Mode, generally combine the ability to perform Solder Paste inspection on ICs and Pre-Reflow passive component inspection in the same run.
Vi TECHNOLOGY is happy to introduce 5K SPECTRO that brings AOI systems to a new unprecedented level. Its quality images reveal more stable and reliable information about the SMT process by incorporating a new, high-intensity, programmable broadband lighting system which improves the image signal to noise ratio, further enhancing defect detection resolution. At the system’s review station, operators find defect classification to be much easier when using the SPECTRO’s enhanced image quality.
Vi TECHNOLOGY's integrated software suite can cope with all AOI implementation strategies. AOI can be used anywhere in the line and several AOIs can even be combined to get closer to the Zero-defect Line concept. We want to ensure the best possible asset flexibility to our customers and to remain part of their AOI solution. Our applications experts will happy to offer relevant advice.
"Precision brings quality..."